Thursday, July 14, 2011

Animation Arts

In our current economic downturn, education's answer is to reduce areas such as the arts, music, and technology yet, it may be the way to keep our students engaged and interested in learning and in school.  We will need to find ways to integrate each of these into our classroom's every day.  All week we have discussed ways to do just that!  The hurdle for some schools may be comments such as "it's one more thing..." or "when will I find the time?"  or the dreaded "ya...but".  In our school, we have an incredible staff that is open minded about ways to increase student learning and will welcome this information.  I'm fortunate.

The RSanimation video by Sir Ken Robinson was so engaging. It presented content in a way that kept my attention and helped me to grasp the information better.  I'm hoping to find a database of school related topics that I can save and share.  This next year as part of our MYP training, I plan to use several of the video's from our class including both of Sir Ken Robinson's videos and know it will springboard our staff into more exploration as a PLC and as an individual.  Interesting...that is what happened to me this week!!!

2 comments:

  1. I will keep my eyes peeled for these type of videos. I think they are out there, for sure. Keep searching on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This week has been an example of fast-paced learning but the content was so engaging that the time flew by and it's now Friday. I'm imagining this type of engagement in my practice and will continually look for ways to keep it "charged".

    The use of all this technology may help offset some of the frustrating economic constraints we are all feeling. Also, if there is a "point" person in a building, perhaps he/she could keep up with and inform staff of new technology information. Maybe this is a rotating assignment among staff so that all staff has a chance to become tech savvy.

    ReplyDelete