Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 1 Reflection

Today was a relief!  Although, I feel I'm a 3 with my technology knowledge, it's the application that is more difficult.  I suppose that time and exploration is the answer but I still feel "a little behind the 8 ball".  I would like to have the confidence to make presentations using different forms of technology and to know that I can "fix" a situation if something goes wrong. Today, I learned a few more tools to put in my belt that should help.

The Sir Ken Robinson video was timely for the change our school will be making in the next few years.  We have been given the green light by our school board to become a Middle Years Programme (MYP) school.  This is the MS component of the IB system.  The fundamental concepts of MYP include holistic learning, intercultural awareness and communication.  When employed with the MYP framework, we should be moving from a classroom to a community system as well as from a linear teaching method to an organic way of learning for our students. 

Although, MYP is perhaps "forcing" us to move in the right direction, I'm glad to have this opportunity and hope our school embraces this moment.  Like my experience in class today, time and exploration will tell.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I'll be anxious to hear how the MYP transition goes at Pilot Butte this year. As for your tech knowledge, know that will come now that you're aware of it. You nailed it..."time and exploration". Allow yourself that pleasure this week, at least!

    ReplyDelete